Finished Project: New Look 6123

I came across this pattern at the same time as the racer back dress. I’ve never worked with New Look’s pattern line and I was quite pleased with how easily the dress came together!

photo (23)

I chose option B and cut out a size 8 for the bust, grading down to a 14 in the hips. I opted to eliminate the side flange and once I saw how large the ruffled sleeves were, I ripped them out, making for a much more sophisticated look.

With Sleeves

I think I either have a short bodice or high waist because I shortened the waist by 2″. This is one of the usual adjustments I make to commercial patterns. The side ruching was really easy to  create with several pleats and gather.

photo (11)

To add a little fun to the dress, I added a pink zipper! Well that and the bodice was quite snug during the fitting, so in order to give myself an extra 1/2″, I sewed the zipper on the outside of the dress.

photo (17)

Since I’m such a shorty, I had to take the hem up quite a bit, thus the back vent is only a couple inches. Which is a bummer because this is the best looking vent that I have made! Next time I’ll have to shorten the skirt pattern so I can have a longer vent.

The inside is just as pretty as the outside! The neckline and armholes are finished with a facing that I hand sewed in place so they didn’t flop about.

Inside View- No Flash

This is definitely a staple pattern that I’ll have to make in many more colors!

photo (5)


2 thoughts on “Finished Project: New Look 6123

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s